Right, well ... while everyone else is off discussing Hillary's tears, I'm going to talk about 2007. Things that I liked from 2007. Let's get started.
I.) The release of the Nissan GTR in Japan. This car is a monster and will make every Ferrari owner in the US squirm when it hits the streets.
II.) Fine liquors that I have had the opportunity to have, listed in no particular order.
- Jameson Irish Whiskey - an excellent standby for any occasion. We refer to it as liquid gold for a reason, smooth with a bit of bite. Serve on the rocks.
- Macallan 12 Year Scotch - This sherry cask single malt scotch is simply delicious. A complex smoky flavor with a crisp dry finish. Serve with a splash of water to bring the flavor out.
- Captain Morgan Tattoo Rum - This stuff looks like used motor oil. It's black in color and has a typical Capt. Morgan taste with the addition of some other spices which compliment the rum well. It is relatively inexpensive and not for every occasion, but might tantalize the palate of many fans of a Rum & Coke.
- Drambuie - Do I even have to go into how awesome this stuff is? Herbal in taste with a sweet finish. Serve neat, over ice, or with a splash of water. For a Rusty Nail mix with a good Scotch.
- Gentleman Jack - Quite possibly the smoothest Tennessee whiskey I've ever had. For being mass produced this is a very solid product. I prefer this served over the rocks or neat.
III.) Music - Please note these albums may NOT have been released in 2007, I simply have gotten the chance to listen to them in 2007.
- Anathema - A Natural Disaster
- Opeth - Blackwater Park
- Anberlin - Lost Songs
- 3 - The End is Begun
- Abstract - Fragmenthea
- Becoming the Archetype - Physics of Fire
- Blotted Science - The Machinations of Dementia
- Devin Townsend - Ziltoid the Omniscient
- Iron & Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days
- Katatonia - The Last Fair Deal Gone Down
- Mechanical Poet - Who Did it it Michelle Waters?
- Sieges Even - The Art of Navigating by the Stars
- Virgin Black - Requiem-Mezzo Forte
I think that's about it. Feel free to look up the bands. Give them a listen, nothing there is too heavy.