The Economist's Cookbook

Recipes For A More Free Society

  • "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they know about what they imagine they can design."

    - F.A. Hayek

Why I feel Beaten.

Posted by The_Chef On 12:40 AM 3 comments

I'm worried, very worried. It seems like no one cares about liberty, freedom, trade, and wealth anymore. Not that your average person really gives a damn about the finer points of argument over freedom vs. slavery. Hell we've replaced rational discourse with emotional appeal, demagoguery, lies, and politics.

I'm just an "extremist". One of a precious few that seem to see the primrose path we're being led down. A path that will ultimately self-destruct in what I think will be a very Atlas Shrugged fashion.

What do we do? Do we run? If so, where? Fighting will leave us branded as domestic terrorists, and while I would love to see the established political power in this country torn to bits, I don't relish trying and only succeeding in spending the rest of my life in some prison where the government and people can forget about you.

Education is failing as every new crisis is used as evidence against free markets and free minds. I think it was Stalin that said education is a weapon. It's a weapon that is, I fear, no longer ours to wield in any effectual manner.

What are freemen to do? I don't have an answer and that troubles me greatly. I get to sit and watch our society grind itself up.

3 Response for the "Why I feel Beaten."

  1. I feel the same way. I have moved from studying economics to studying survival skills.

  2. The_Chef says:

    It's yet to get that bad. yet being the operative word.

    And I'm not sure we'll ever see it collapse.

  3. You have hit on an important issue..education. This is why freedom loving Americans should IMMEDIATELY pull the most valuable thing you will EVER have (your children) out of government education and be responsible for what they learn and who has the freedom to influence them. I have found nothing more successful, with a better return of investment of time and money than home education.
    Conatact your state home school support group for guidance. See www.hslda.org for state web addresses.