The Economist's Cookbook

Recipes For A More Free Society

  • "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they know about what they imagine they can design."

    - F.A. Hayek

Scotch

Posted by The_Chef On 2:00 PM 1 comments

One thing I learned in college is that I developed a taste for whiskey. Not the cheap stuff either.

So given that part of this blog is about ME and my tastes in things, let me recommend a couple to the readers (Do I have any?).


I love this scotch. It's a bit pricey for most college students, but if you like the taste of really smooth good scotch with a bit of burn as it goes down. This is a great single-malt scotch. Now I may be a bit of scotch heretic for saying this, but I don't like the charcoal taste that some of the smokier scotches have (like Laphroaig). This Macallan is a 12 year, aged in Sherry Barrels so it does have hints of sweet taste to it.

A very solid scotch and one that is good to have on hand at all times.

8/10



Another great single malt is this Glenfiddich 15 year. I bought this on a whim one night over Christmas break when I had mileage money burning a hole in my pocket. I'm glad I did. I've come to like this one better than The Macallan 12 and I can't exactly put my finger on it. I think it's that this one is a little smoother going down and has a really nice oaky flavor to it and a smooth but not overly smoky finish.

I've been told that the 12 year is actually better in some respects, but I haven't tried it. Still, this is a very good scotch.

8.5/10

Categories:

1 Response for the "Scotch"

  1. Ironically, I'm not keen on Scotch. Much prefer a nice bourbon.