The Economist's Cookbook

Recipes For A More Free Society

  • "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they know about what they imagine they can design."

    - F.A. Hayek

Ah ha, so the battle of the so-called "Documentary" An Inconvenient Truth, championed by none other than our favorite Al Gore has become a graduation requirement at Roger Williams University in Rhode Island.
Now aside from the fact that I simply hate Al Gore as a human being and find him to unabashedly stupid... I think this is just absolutely absurd...

It's like saying you can't graduate college without watching Mel Brooks' Classic Blazing Saddles. I'm sorry but I'm not exactly into watching propaganda... especially not as a graduation requirement.

Categories:

1 Response for the "An Inconvenient... Graduation Requirement?"

  1. Anonymous says:

    Count me in as another who detests Gore, though I would describe him as a shameless publicity-seeking bobblehead. If he should, by a depressing and logic-defying turn of events, run for prez in 2008, *I* will be forced to commit ritual seppuku.

    I think it's a stretch to label An Inconvenient Truth as propaganda...but I've yet to see it, and so I'll reserve judgment. I am highly disappointed in RWU. This is the sort of idiocy that fuels the neo-cons' argument that college campuses are liberal recruiting grounds.

    Stupid, stupid, stupid.