The Economist's Cookbook

Recipes For A More Free Society

  • "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they know about what they imagine they can design."

    - F.A. Hayek

Che Mania and the Irony of It All

Posted by The_Chef On 1:27 PM 1 comments

I hate people that wear Che shirts. It's like a shining beacon that says "I want to be counter culture, but I'm too much of an idiot to read history."

Conservative estimates put the total death toll of communism around 130 MILLION people, this one is closer to 150 million. Forgive me if I want to spit on people who glamorize the revolutionary mindset of Che or Lenin or Mao. They have their right to wear what they want, I have a right to think them idiots for it.

In that vein here is reason.tv on Che Merchandising:

Categories:

1 Response for the "Che Mania and the Irony of It All"

  1. Unknown says:

    At CRC a year and a half ago, there was a young airman who had a stenciled Che on his backpack, his DCU, GI backpack.

    As a civilian, I had no right to say anything to the young moron, but by the end of the week someone, probably one of the excellent SSGs at Benning, had called him out and the stencil was painted over in basic black spraypaint.