The Economist's Cookbook

Recipes For A More Free Society

  • "The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they know about what they imagine they can design."

    - F.A. Hayek

Guns and Religion

Posted by The_Chef On 12:30 AM 3 comments

Ya know, people are still making a stink about the Obamessiah's "guns & religion" quote.

And it got me thinking. What do I cling to (if anything)?

My ideology of freedom perhaps.

My belief in individualism.

My belief that the state is the greatest threat to our liberties.

My belief that I have the right to defend myself against all foes, foreign and domestic, with lethal force.
Do I cling to these? Or are these simply truths? What do you 'cling' to?

Categories:

3 Response for the "Guns and Religion"

  1. Anonymous says:

    Everyone can perceive reality differently or make it up for their own political gains.

  2. The_Chef says:

    True, but perception is so often shaped by the presuppositions we make about things.

  3. VH says:

    I think your list pretty much summed it up for me:)